What Services Does Farmhouse Networking Offer?
We have divided our service offerings into several catagories for ease of access:
- Managed IT Services - Technology Consulting, Network Management, Asset Monitoring & Proactive Maintenance
- Network Design - Planned Expansions, Hardware Upgrades, Workflow Automation, Paperless Office & Remote Access
- Infrastructure - Certified Cabling, Mesh Wireless, Point-to-Point Wireless Links, Advanced Routers & Switches
- Security - Physical Access, Encryption, Network Segmentation & Vulnerability Assessment
- Compliance - Fully Compliant Business Associate, HIPAA HITECH, PCI 3.1 & Policy Creation
- Preparedness - Managed Antivirus, Cloud Backup, Offsite Storage, Redundancy & Recovery Procedures
- Cloud Computing - Email Hosting, File Sync & Share, Business Collaboration & Server Virtualization
What Areas Does Farmhouse Networking Serve?
Farmhouse Networking is based out of Grants Pass, Oregon and serves the surrounding areas of Medford, Rogue River, Gold Hill, Merlin, Wilderville, and Cave Junction. Our company is also able to provide remote support to clients with workers that span the globe or to any company that seeks our high level of expertise no matter where they are located.
When is Farmhouse Network Available?
In general, the hours of operation are between 9am to 5pm on Monday thru Friday. We are closed for all major holidays including New Year's Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Weekend, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Emergency services can be scheduled during off hours if they are deemed to be mission critical and will be at several times our normal rates.
How Much Does Support Cost?
Unless your company has opted into our Managed Services offerings, the costs are at standard hourly rates. For more immediate and cost effective support, the best option will be to schedule a remote support call which are billed in 15 minute increments. These services are based on the size and complexity of the business. For offices with less than 5 workstations and no server, remote support pricing will be based on a $35 per hour model. For companies with a server or more than 5 workstations, remote support pricing will be based on a $55 per hour model. If onsite support is needed then services will start with a one hour minimum then billed in 15 minute increments after that initial hour. For offices with less than 5 workstations and no server, on-site support pricing will be based on a $70 per hour model. For companies with a server or more than 5 workstations, on-site support pricing will be based on a $110 per hour model.
What Operating Systems do you support?
Due to our years of experience, Farmhouse Networking is able to handle all major computer operating systems but our major focus is on supporting the needs of business clients. This means that our core compentency is in working with Microsoft Windows based workstations and servers from NT to all current versions.
My Computer is Infected, What Should I Do?
- Stop using the computer
- Leave the computer alone! Do not carry out any further commands, including commands to Save data.
- Do not close any of the computer's windows or programs. Leave the computer alone.
- Leave everything plugged in and do not turn off the computer or peripheral devices.
- If possible, physically disconnect the computer from networks to which it is attached.
- Call us immediately. Write down any unusual behavior of the computer (screen messages, unexpected disk access, unusual responses to commands) and the time when they were first noticed.
- Write down any changes in hardware, software, or software use that preceded the malfunction.
- Do not attempt to remove a suspected virus! Let the professionals do the dirty work.
What about free software / open source software for business?
Generally the rule is that you get what you pay for and that anything free is worth the price. As a rule, FHN can make recommendations on open source alternatives that have been used successfully in the past for budget conscious clients, but we are unable to provide support for these as we are not application developers. In order for us to provide the highest level of support for our clients it is recommended to use main stream retail versions of all software used and if possible to have a current support contract with the vendor to expediate the remediation process.
Do you fix laptop screens, cellphone screens, tablet screens...
There are so many shops that specialize in this kind of repair and can do so quickly in a precise manner that Farmhouse Network has decided not compete with them. Please contact Grants Pass Cellular aka Chat Cat in Grants Pass, Oregon to receive expert repairs of your moblie devices.